Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hawkeye Quilt

I made a baby quilt a few months ago for one of my managers. It was only the second quilt I've ever made, and technically the only 'real' one - the t-shirt quilt I made previously can only be loosely defined as a quilt :) 


Anyway, she is a huge Hawkeyes fan and not very 'girly' so I thought this theme was appropriate. 


I tried a traditional pinwheel pattern I'd seen online, but from what I know now about quilting there's many things I could have done more efficiently.



I used my regular sewing machine with it's regular do-everything foot to machine quilt a basic diamond shape.





You can see in some of the photos that there is some puckering, but overall I'm satisfied with the results. 






Did I mention I made this in under two weeks start to finish? They asked if I'd known about the baby shower beforehand when I delivered it, but nope, I started thinking about it once I received the invitation!


Overall, it was good practice and the gift was well-received. What more can I ask for? 

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a Hawkeye fan (horrors!) but I think this is a really nice quilt. It looks good, and the quilting does too. Well done, especially without using a walking foot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You did a great job in only TWO weeks... now I hope you "labeled" it. 20 years from now someone will want to know who made it, why for, and when.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam is jealous. Before he knew you gifted this to someone, he was asking me how much you were selling it for. He wanted to buy it- seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want one I could easily do it again (and probably better than the last time). I take custom order requests on my etsy so if you're really interested feel free to make an offer there/any other special requests. My prices are very reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you were so crafty! Great job

    Sonia K

    ReplyDelete